Friday, June 27, 2008

Jan's Quilt



I had my step mother in mind when I started this quilt. This quilt was a callenge to me in several ways.
I prefer to use bright colors and the beige on beige tones of this quilt had to have balance. If one of the browns was to strong it overpowered the quilt and all you saw were those blocks (I still have several blocks that did this). I also had to be careful with the value so I did not lose the piecing in the quilt. I wanted the blocks to be subtle but still be able to see all the work.
Most of the people I talked to about doing a quilt all in shades of beige on beige told me it could not be done and it would be boring.
I am suprised at how much I like this quilt. I find it soothing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad that you persevered and didn't listen to the nay-sayers!

tone on tone quilts are a challenge and very dramatic!

They certainly keep you on your toes and paying attention

Great Job Tricia!!!